SOL SYSTEMS, LLC
Last updated: January 1, 2023
What information Sol Systems collects about you
Sol Systems collects information about users of our website, and other information to provide better services to all of our customers. Sol Systems collects this information in a number of ways:
- Information You Give Us. We may ask for your contact information when you use our website or correspond with us to obtain a quote or request a service. We collect and store your name, email address, telephone number, home or postal address or other contact information, company name, job title, and technical information that you provide us about your solar system. We do not collect and will not ask you for personal financial information, such as your Social Security Number, banking information, or any credit related information.
- Information We Obtain From Others. Should you choose to opt in to the services offered through our website, we may obtain information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we obtain from our website.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our website, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website and information about your use of and actions on our website. We maintain a log file of all actions that are initiated or facilitated using our website, to capture, record and store data concerning the transaction.
- Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our website. This type of information is collected to make the website more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- In some of our emails to you, we may use a “click-through URL.” We track click-through(s) to help us determine your interest in particular topics/services/products and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
Why Sol Systems collects information about you
Sol Systems collects and uses information about you to provide and deliver products and services that you request, and to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements or new product or service updates. In addition, Sol Systems collects and uses information about you in order to register your solar energy system with the appropriate state regulatory agencies, and to comply with legal requirements.
When Sol Systems discloses information about you
Sol Systems does not disclose information about you to any third party outside of Sol Systems unless one of the following applies:
- We may share information about you when we have your consent to do so.
- We may share information about you with the appropriate state regulatory agencies that require such information for the purposes of registering your solar system to produce SRECs.
We may share information about you certain circumstances, where we have a good faith belief that the disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for the following:
- to comply with applicable laws, and to respond to lawful subpoenas or legal processes.
- to respond to an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information about you when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share information about you with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or “anonymized” data with our partners to illustrate trends or for their own uses.
How we protect information about you
Sol Systems takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the security of your information using industry-standard physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. Sol Systems collects and stores information about you in a safe and secure database. We strive to follow industry standard practices for managing and securing electronic data, and we comply with all applicable federal and state regulations.
Sol Systems also limits access to information about you to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Our commitment to your privacy
Your privacy is important to us. Although Sol Systems’ website contains links to other sites, Sol Systems is not responsible for the privacy practices of other companies or individuals, or of other sites that are linked from our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies and individuals.
Information choices and changes
Our marketing related emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about your information to our Contact information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.